Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Toy!!!

I bought a bike last night. I am super excited. I went to a store here in my Big City and found an '08 model of the Trek bike that I really liked and it was cheaper. I climbed on a couple other bikes, but I really think that this bike is the right one for me right now, especially at the price of $367! I pick it up Monday and I can't wait to take it for a ride.

Here's a picture of my new bike, a 2008 Trek 7.2 FX wsd:



Note the link above is to the '09 model, but you can zoom in and see everything up close. The only differences between the 2008 and 2009 models is the color and the seat. The 2008 model has a quick release spring seat. The 2009 model has a bolted-in, non-springy (I'm sure there is a bike term for that!) seat. I also climbed on the 2008 7.3 FX wsd - it is basically a step-up from the bike I bought and has more racing-type components, including the lighter, but non-springy seat. After I talked to the girl at the store and told her about my lower back issues, she said that I definitely should do the 2008 7.2 with the springy seat. She also has lower back issues and said that it would make a big difference for me. I am all about protecting my back - so I was sold on the 7.2 at that point.

I decided that I just wasn't ready for a road bike. If I decide to never do another triathlon again, this will be a great bike for me because it will really serve a lot of purposes. And if I do any more triathlons, this will be good for the first couple and then I can always upgrade or keep this bike for path rides. I'll take a picture of me with my bike soon!

No comments: