Friday, March 6, 2009

I heart all things Google

So - out of curiousity - I used one of my favorite Google products (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/) to check the distance of some of my old college runs. I recently found that gmap-pedometer recently added some new features making it much easier to accurately track your mileage. Now you can pick a "runner" or "cyclist" mode or you can use the old connect-the-line method. The "runner" mode makes it much quicker to figure it all out because it automatically follows the curves and turns in the road for you - I think it will be super helpful once I get back outside to run.

Campus Loop - 2.27 miles

I-75 run - 3.54 miles

Boathouse run (using Riverside Dr) - 3.1 miles -- (I can't believe I used to do this before practice! wow, is my life different now)

No comments: