Friday, March 13, 2009

Ready for the Weekend Part II

I made a very wise decision when I made Fridays my swimming days. It is a great workout for the end of the week because always seems to help stretch out my muscles, plus I really enjoy swimming which makes it easier to get out of bed. In fact, there is no way that I would have gotten out of bed this morning if I hadn't been going to the gym to swim. I was so tired again this morning, but I bargained with myself that I could hit snooze one extra time, reminding myself that the pool was waiting for me. There is no way that bargain would have been made this morning if the treadmill was waiting for me. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow - I am definitely ready for the weekend.

This morning the pool was a lot better - as in, it was not 10000 degrees. Instead, it was only 86, which felt cool by comparison to the last few weeks. Plus, it was quiet today. There are no lap lanes in the pool and it can be a little hectic when there are a couple old men floating/swimming and old ladies do their exercises. I just pretend like it is the triathlon with lots of random people doing weird things. I have a feeling though that I won't be zipping past people quite as fast during the actual triathlon!

Workout - Total Duration = 40 minutes

I lose track on counting sometimes (ok, often) so the number of laps below are approximate. I try to throw in an extra lap if I think I miscounted, but who knows maybe I miscount a lot. In fact, just ask anyone I rowed with in college. I was terrible at practices when we did "silent pyramid" pieces. I just can't keep count.

approx. 20 laps (over 1/4 mile) freestyle

approx. 9 laps (around 1/8 mile) freestyle kick with board

approx. 9 laps (around 1/8 mile) freestyle arms only with pull-buoy

5 minutes treading water

2 x 10 - leg swings - across the front and front to back


PS - I think I may go look at bikes tomorrow. I am super excited to see what is out there! Soon enough I'll be able to get outside for my biking sessions and I am really excited by the thought of a new bike!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey- Are you going to eventually have to do open water swimming in Lake Michigan?