Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coffee Please

At this very moment, I am sitting at my desk feeling mildly comatose. I am exhausted. I didn't sleep well. I worked out hard. I just now went to get a cup of our lovely "house brew" at work. (Doesn't calling it a "house brew" make it seem way more awesome than office coffee. Though, I actually like our coffee - probably because it is mild.)

Waking up earlier is paying off. I am definitely getting in some longer workouts, or at the very least not feeling like I am totally rushed.

Today I did strength training, as per usual on Wednesday mornings. Plus I did a 15 min warm-up ride on the bike. My left knee is hurting again. Not bad, but definitely hurting with certain movements (ie: stepping up). I wonder if it is the bike. Maybe next time I will put the bike seat one notch higher to see if that helps. I give today's workout an 8.5 out of 10. I did some new lifts, had a nice heart rate and convinced myself to do the 15 minute warm-up because I had time.

Total Workout Duration: 55 minutes

15 minute warm-up ride on bike at level 3, approx. 90 rpm. Got a nice sweat going and felt good to go afterwards.

Hamstring and lower back stretches.

Tried to do weighted step-ups but my left knee wasn't having it - instead, I did unweighted rapid step-ups, with both feeting hitting the step. 4 x 20 (alternating starting leg).

3 x 12 modified push-ups

3 x 10 lat pull-downs - 50

2 x 20 double leg calf raises

superset
3 x 10 - I forget what these are called - using DB, hands starting at sides and
pull straight up in front of chest - 10
3 x 10 - forearm curls - 10

20, 20, 14 - arm to knee on stability ball (it was supposed to be 3 x 20, but not quite there yet)

3 x 10 supermans on floor both arms and legs at same time

superset
per each leg:
3 x 15 - outer leg lifts on side, head on floor
3 x 15 - inner leg lifts on side, head propped up

No comments: