Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Workout Update

Today was a lifting day, and I am much more pleased with how it went than I was on Monday. I think a big difference was that I did some weighted step-ups at the beginning and that really got my heart rate going and helped it stay up during the lifting session, at least the first half.

Only concern is that I had some pain in my right knee (that's the other knee). Hope I just tweaked something and it isn't anything in the long run.

Over-all, I'd give this workout a 7.5 out of 10. I still need to keep my heart-rate up a little better, maybe do more super-sets.

5 min warm-up at 3.5 on treadmill.

walking lunges - I stopped short here - this is where my knee started hurting.

3 x 20 (10 per leg) - DB weighted step-ups using 4 blocks - 12, 12, 12

3 x 10 leg press - 150, 150, 150 - maybe increase weight next week

3 x 10 leg curls - 60, 60, 60

3 x 10 double calf raises - my legs were too tired from step-ups to do single-leg

3 x 10 incline DB bench press - 15, 15, 15

3 x 10 lat pull-down - 50, 50, 50

crunches on stability ball

Total time: approx 40 min

After looking at this workout - I need to get some variety and some upper-body exercises, and definitely more core strength exercises incorporated. This is going to mean longer sessions.

No comments: