Friday, February 27, 2009

Not so bad

I tried going to the pool little later this week than I did last week, but next week I'll be returning to the earlier time. The pool gets too crowded with pool exercisers/chatters at the later time. They are a lovely group of old ladies and men, but it is just a bit much - though I feel super fast next to barely moving swimmers and people walking/floating with noodles. Hopefully next week the pool won't be as hot. It feels like bath water, which all the little old ladies and PT patients like, but it gets hot.

This morning I spent 30 minutes in the pool and I was pleased - I am not going to die on the swim portion after all. This is only my second time in the pool since I have started swimming and the times are acceptable to me. I did about a 1/4 mile (18 laps) of freestyle in about 10-12 minutes (I am not exactly sure what time I started). Then I did 9 laps of freestyle kick with kickboard and 9 laps of freestyle with pull-buoy in less than 15 minutes. So in a little over 20 minutes, I did a .5 mile including kick/and arms-only. Then I threw in another 6 laps of freestyle and played around a bit - for a grand total of 30 minutes.

I need to remind myself that this pool is an easy pool because I am doing twice as many turns (well I don't do actual flip turns, but the wall is there), but I really try not to push off at all.

All in all - I give it a 7 out of 10. I definitely could have worked harder, but it felt good.

No comments: