Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Free food for tired legs

Every Tuesday we have an attorneys' meeting at work during lunch. And every Tuesday someone (if not me) complains about what was ordered for lunch. And every Tuesday the sweet girl who orders the food asks me if everyone liked the lunch and often I am forced to tell white lies so that I don't hurt her feelings, because obviously not everyone is always going to be happy. I suppose it is evidence that I haven't fully left the student world and entered into the adult world, because free food always makes me happy and I won't complain. Plus, I know that the girl that orders it tries so hard to find food that everyone will enjoy. Well, today everyone enjoyed the food. It was delicious! In fact, it is a good thing that it was a meeting and not a food-fest, because you would have had to roll me home. There was this delicious salad with raspberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, and nuts and blue cheese, with a raspberry dressing. Yummy wraps - even if my chicken wrap was a bit too spicy for me - and some creamy tomato basil soup that I could have eaten twice as much of. I suppose this is why I have gained weight over the last few years - I love yummy food and I certainly lack self-control unless in the presence of others.

Today though, the food felt like a perfect reward for my tough workout this morning, even if it was more calories than I should have consumed. I really need to start figuring out the nutrition aspect of my training, but I'll get to that eventually I suppose.

Tuesday is bike day and I give the workout a 9 out of 10. I worked hard, sweated a lot, and got my heart rate really going. My legs were tired afterward and I felt good. Eventually I want to get this workout up to 3 sets of 40/20s.

5 min warm-up at Level 3

10 x 30 sec on - 30 sec off. (30 sec on at Level 9, approx. 103 rpm; 30 sec off at Level 7, approx. 53 rpm)

2 min rest off bike

repeat of 10 x 30 sec on - 30 sec off

5 min cool-down at Level 3

No comments: